Sr. Network Engineer
Chicago, Illinois | Direct Hire
Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Chicago – Onsite/Remote
Interview: Phone / Video / F2F
The Senior Network Operations Engineer role provides 24×7 support and operational availability of clients firm wide network infrastructure.
The implementation of new network technologies as well as day-to-day operations and change management of all deployed network technologies. In addition, the senior engineer is responsible for developing standardized methods for infrastructure implementations as well as configuration standardization reporting and remediation.
- Minimum five years of experience in a similar role is required.
- Bachelor degree in computer science preferred.
- Network and security certifications such as Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Security, and others are a plus.
- Knowledge of current LAN and WAN networking standard protocols.
- Expertise in the maintenance techniques required for IP networks and Cisco hardware and software.
- Expertise utilizing and configuring network monitoring and configuration tools such as Solarwinds NPM/NCM, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Riverbed SCC, Cisco Security Manager, McAfee Network Security Manager, Cisco Firepower Manager, and Cisco ISE Administration.
- Knowledge of and experience with network standards/best practices in the implementation of new offices.
- Expertise with controller based wireless network standards and best practices, and the ability to monitor and troubleshoot these networks.
- Basic scripting techniques and the ability to automate processes to implement and manage the network environment effectively.
- Experience with support and implementation of SSL and IPsec VPN remote access.
- Ability to manage structured wiring, both copper and fiber optic.
- Experience with WAN optimization technologies.
- Understand network security best practices.
- Ability to work effectively with external vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively with telecommunication carriers.
- Experience with network protocol analysis using tools such as wireshark.
- Experience with syslog, netflow, and other tools to monitor network performance