Cloud Transformation Project Manager
Chicago, Illinois | Direct Hire
Cloud Transformation Project Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Length: CTH or FTE –
Interview: Video ; F2F
For more than 30 years, client has been the leading independent provider of maintenance support and financial services to the business aviation industry. Client is responsible for maintaining in excess of 2,000 business jets, regional jets, and helicopters across the globe and serves customers through an infrastructure of certified technical advisors. Client leverages this technical knowledge, experience, buying power, and data to provide support at every stage of the aircraft life cycle; from aircraft acquisition to aircraft teardown and part out.
This newly created position oversees and will lead Cloud implementation and transformation of client.
- Lead transformation programs processes, define requirements, manage delivery expectations, coordinate activities, communication, timelines, manage hours, etc.
- Partners across business departments to identify user requirements, strategizes with staff, and then prioritizes customer needs to ensure solutions are accessible and intuitive.
- Presents analysis, recommendations, and potential solutions to the project team and key stakeholders verbally and through documentation
- Leads and fosters a collaborative and high-performing Cloud team and effectively coaches the team to be self-organizing.
- Managing cloud solution architects with knowledge on Enterprise Architect principles are required.
- Manage activities of multiple projects simultaneously, while assessing and managing risk.
- Assume responsibility for the work produced and takes ownership for resolving issues
- Effectively prioritize, delegate, and manage work to junior team members.
- He/she should manage directly or indirection a group of 10+ people in his/her career.
- Continues to build and shape the future of the Cloud team and discipline at Group IT.
- Instill confidence, dependability, and leadership (of yourself) among clients and team members.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers by identifying customer needs and overseeing product delivery within the company context.
- Manage and deliver services with Customer first attitude.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Experience working within a cloud environment such as Microsoft Azure
- Good project management capability with operational technology knowledge on Azure must
- Work experience as a project manager in business transformation projects, preferably in SaaS companies
- A senior IT leader with good amount of infra experience in building, migrating, and running the operation of cloud services
- Large cloud migrations experience in Backoffice transformation projects, ERP or Finance
- Ability to think creatively, take ownership of tasks, and adapt to changing business requirements with a “fix it” attitude
- Expert level at project management and collaboration tools:
- Confluence, JIRA, Excel, PPT, Miro boards etc.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and delivery of projects leveraging Agile teams
- Conduct track and stream level stand up meetings to manage cross team items
- Needs to understand and appreciate large transformation programs with enterprise data management tools, understands complexities of large data migrations, reporting & analytics
- Research, document, optimize and improve some of our key business and operations processes, including communication and change management across functions
- Providing analytical support to team members, including developing dashboards and defining meaningful KPIs
- Organize and document internal reports, project trackers, operating procedures, and templates
- Identify gaps and drive improvements in BU processes and systems for internal teams, customers, and partners
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current Cloud computing technologies, complex information systems and technology organizations
- Strong ability to interface with both business and technology client stakeholders
- Proficient in presentations for design reviews
- PMP Preferred ; Not Required