Field IT/Printer Support Technician (Springfield, IL)
Dallas, Texas | Contract
Field Support Technician (Onsite)
Springfield, IL 62701
24 month contract
Dress: Business Professional: Black slacks and blue collared shirt.
This customer facing, non-exempt printer field position provides a wide range of hardware support and related services to our client’s Print Products customers.
This is a team based group of self-starting, technical/mechanical delivery professionals. Each member of the team performs installation, repair and relocates various types of printers and related technology on customer sites, within a defined geography. This ever changing environment presents each team member with various daily events that educate customers about the technology, manage critical service events, and interact with multiple levels of both client and customer management/teams.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, working with tools and various alignment apparatus.
- Alignment with customer’s business needs while maintaining contractual commitments.
- Ability to logically and systemically technically/mechanically troubleshoot various hardware problems on printers. May also involve third party software, networks and switches.
- Able to balance and prioritize multiple activities and issues.
- Successful cause and effect understanding of financial perspectives on the business
• Able to bend, crawl, stoop, sit, lift and move 50 pounds of weight.
• Availability to work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
• Participate in assigned work during non-traditional workdays, holidays and shift work.
• Onsite customer facing experience.
• Technical/mechanical hardware repair experience.
• Demonstrated technical/mechanical aptitude for learning new technology.
• High School diploma or equivalent, plus additional hardware technology training. College preferred.