St. Louis, Missouri | Contract
Location: Dallas, TX – HYBRID (1-2 days onsite)
Length: 12 months
Start : ASAP
Responsibilities/Job Duties/Job Description/Qualifications
PKI Key Support Engineer (must reside state of Texas or near by state, only 1-2 days on site required)
The Network Security Planning (NSP) team is seeking a PKI Key Support Engineer for Network Operations to perform Key Generation, Key Management, System Administration, System Maintenance and System Audit to enable cryptographic protection for Verizon’s Networks.
These cryptographic capabilities include hardware Security Module (HSM) technology to ensure the integrity and security of clients secrets at rest. And also maintaining Linux systems that connect to HSMs in cryptographic facilities.
The Cryptographic Support Engineer provide key material for clients’ Wireline and Wireless networks, intelligent Edge Network (iEN), and IoT devices. As a member of the NSP team, you will work in a fast-paced environment focused on planning and managing security risk for clients’ most critical systems. You will interact with resources designing and building key systems, security engineering and operations teams, and the Verizon CISO organization to ensure the team’s recommendations address operational considerations. You will ensure the team collaborates with vendors and the broader security community to stay up to speed on the latest security developments and ensure their future capabilities align with client’s needs.
- Assist in Management of PKI and Key Infrastructure and Linux systems according to established processes.
- Document all key generation and management activities according to established processes.
- Assist key deployments for Radio Network Cryptography Elements
- Collect feedback from stakeholders and users of security capabilities and incorporate that feedback into service and support of system customers.
- Build relationships with engineering and security teams to understand how to develop plans that effectively manage Verizon’s security risks.
- Communicate progress, findings, and ensure successful handoff of deliverables to program and operational teams.
- Provide detailed accounting of Key Status, Key Requests and Key Audit files.
You’ll need to have:
- Zero or more years of relevant work experience.
- Some PKI Familiarity
- Some VPN Familiarity
- Some Active Directory Certificate Services Familiarity (AD CS)
- Familiarity with AES, DES or similar encryption methods.
Familiarity with PKI certificate terminology and management
Even better if you have:
- Familiarity with Perl and Python scripting languages.
- Familiarity with and practical experience in network (IPv4, IPv6), firewalls, IDS, DDoS protection) or IT security (e.g., access control, Linux hardening).
- Familiarity with HSM management, setup/installation, administration, operations.
- Familiarity with Cloud, Virtualization and container technologies.
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills.
- Prior Military or related experience as an EKMS Custodian, Key Custodian or Crypto Cleared
- Ability to work independently on multiple high priority project