Marketing, Communications Specialist
Durham, North Carolina | Contract
Marketing, Communications Specialist (Onsite) (3 open roles)
Location: Durham, NC 27704 or Raleigh, NC 27609 or Durham, NC 27710
6 month (extension or perm placement)
SHIFT: 8a-5p Monday – Friday
JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing, Communications Specialist will be responsible for the development and delivery of internal communications for our Organization. She/he will coordinate communications initiatives supporting the strategies set by leadership teams across entities and locations. This person will provide communication support for both strategic initiatives and operational topics. They will write, publish, and act as the content creator for internal communications and clinical policy updates.
- Translates organizational priorities and departmental goals into communications of various digital and print formats. Includes facilitating and planning onsite and virtual team member events and communications activities (i.e., town halls, photo/video production, meetings, leadership forums, virtual events, etc.)
- Review and proof materials for copy editing and adherence to corporate branding and style standards.
- Writes, edits, reviews and enhances internal communication materials including presentations, newsletters, video scripts, talking points and materials for various audiences (Senior Executives, Front Line Leaders and Individual Contributors
- Develop content for posting on various traditional and digital media, including ensuring accuracy and consistency across communication channels and working within organizational requirements and guidelines.
- Works with senior executives to develop departmental and company-wide communications plan, from concept/message development to execution.
Qualifications:Must have Bachelor’s Degree
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Business or related field is REQUIRED.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or equivalent PREFERRED.
• Two or more years of directly related experience is REQUIRED.
• Three years of experience in internal, corporate communications, integrated communications, content marketing, PR, or content creation with a proven ability to plan and execute timely communications PREFERRED.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Design Suite.
• Strong writing skills, understanding and ability to interface with websites, social media tools and other technologies, understanding of advertising and principles of marketing.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Trend analysis
• Highly effective writing style with expertise in simplifying concepts and messages for a broad audience.
• Demonstrated ability to translate business strategies to written communication format.
• Demonstrated skills and knowledge in leveraging both digital and traditional internal channels to create impactful communications that drive awareness and engagement.