Software Engineer- C++ & Python
Mossville, Illinois | Contract
Software Engineer- C++ & Python (Hybrid, 2-3 days onsite)
Length: 24 months
Our Client’s Virtual Product Development (VPD) Systems & Platforms team lives at the intersection of engineering and information technology.
- One of the team’s major responsibilities is developing, deploying and managing commercial and proprietary software that embodies our Client’s methods and procedures for performing complex engineering simulations across a variety of engineering disciplines.
- These simulation disciplines include structural performance and fatigue, fluid dynamics, and machine and engine performance.
- In addition to developing software solutions for the our Client’s product development and engineering communities, this team member will provide end user technical support.
- Collaboration with engineering teams to identify end-user requirements and specifications
- Implementation of mathematical algorithms for engineering analysis
- Participation in all SDLC phases
- Adherence to software development standards and best practices
- Backlog grooming, sprint, and release planning
- Creation of technical documentation
Interaction with team:
- Daily/weekly standups
- Mentoring/code review as needed
- 4-year technical degree in computer science or engineering
- 5-7 years experience in software development using C++ and/or Python
- Development of C/C++ applications using Visual Studio and CMake
- Experience utilizing Finite Element analysis (FEA) to design structures
- Experience utilizing Computational Fluid dynamics experience (CFD) to design products
- Experience with 3d computational geometry algorithms and methods
- Web application development experience using React, nodejs, and WebGL
- Python scripting and commercial software APi’s: wxPython, Abaqus Scripting Interface, Creo Parametric Toolkit
- Experience with Creo CAD modeling and simulation