Sr Endpoint Security Engineer ( AL )
Montgomery, Alabama | Contract
Sr Endpoint Security Engineer
Location: Montgomery, AL — ONSITE!
Length: 12 months+
Provide guidance and direction of general security solution knowledge in order to support HAEA business objectives. Note: Must be onsite 5 days each week in Montgomery, Alabama Zip
- Performs day-to-day activities required to administer deploy EDR functions on endpoints.
- Responsible for the daily real time monitoring and analysis of security events /threats from multiple sources
- Triage security incidents including unauthorized access, phishing , malware infection etc.
- First point of contact for Cybersecurity incident and responsible for incident investigation and response activities including conduct forensic analysis, determine cause and extent of breach corelate findings with existing network/application, recommend remediation/recovery plans, prepare timely, detailed and accurate incident report update
- Provide post-incident reports for management and stakeholder encompassing easy to understand accurate details on risk, impact, like hood, containment and remediation , threat actors.
- Build and design security incident playbook
- Stay current with the latest Cyber threats, tactics and vulnerabilities and updated with evolving attack techniques
- Able to manage daily operation and administrating of EDR software and policies for customers, such as discover assets, endpoint threat analysis, vulnerability scan, software patches and remediation enforcement.
- Support the design, implementation, and management of endpoint security solutions, including antivirus, antimalware, host-based firewall, and other security technologies
- Able to work and communicate in a team, take direction from multiple sources In addition to the above:
- 5+ Years of direct experience with large scale enterprise level Endpoint Security operations
- Proficient experience with scripting languages (i.e., Python, PowerShell, etc.) and/or API development (i.e., REST, key management, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of CarbonBlack, Trellix (HX) and/or other endpoint security technologies, including antivirus, antimalware, firewall, encryption, and endpoint detection and response (EDR) tools
- Strong understanding of network security principles, protocols, and technologies
- Hands on experience engineering EDR Solution.
- Have experience vulnerability scanning tools, patch management and compliance management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide expert guidance and support on endpoint security issues and initiatives
- Stay current with the latest trends and developments in endpoint security and evaluate new security technologies and solutions