Manager- Audit and Assurance
Leamington, Ontario | Direct Hire
Manager- Audit and Assurance (Hybrid, 2-3 days onsite)
Location: Essex, Canada or Leamington, Canada
The Manager’s purpose is to work with Partners and staff to deliver value to clients, analyze financial information, asses risk, manage engagements, coach and mentor junior staff.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with partners and assurance group to assist in planning, execution, and completion of a wide range of Audit, Review and Compilation (T1, T2, T3, T5) engagements, both independently and as part of a team.
- Support and manage staff during field assignments and manage the engagement progress as a whole (communication of deadlines).
- Analyze financial information, accounting processes and operations procedures.
- Review account reconciliations and adjusting entries.
- Assess risk, controls, operational performance and adherence to GAAP.
- Review personal, corporate, non-profit organization information and charitable tax returns.
- Review of financial statements and related note disclosures.
- Manage engagement financials including budgets, WIP, variances and billings.
- Coach, train, and mentor junior staff.
- Provide personal, attentive service to clients to encourage productive working relationships, while identifying service opportunities.
- Other duties as needed and guided by Senior Management and Partners.
- CPA designation. (Canadian only)
- Minimum 4 years of public accounting experience.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams), Caseware, TaxPrep, QuicklBooks Online and/or any other tax preparation software.
- Excellent attention to detail, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, project management and organizational skills.
- Professional manner, strong work ethic and ability to consistently meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Experience mentoring and develop and maintain client relationships as a trusted business advisor.