Oracle Fusion Financial – Business Analyst
Portsmouth, New Hampshire | Direct Hire
Oracle Fusion Financial Principal Business Analyst
Location: Portsmouth, NH – ( Boston Area) — HYBRID
Interview: Video / F2F
Client is looking for an energetic, experienced senior Oracle Fusion Financial Principal Business Analyst-Project Lead. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of demonstrable experience as a subject matter expert in implementing and supporting Financial modules of Oracle Fusion Cloud ERP platform.
This ‘content rich’ person will play an active and leading role in the upcoming implementation of Oracle Fusion ERP platform and play a dual role of an experienced business analyst and project lead responsible for successful design, implementation, and ongoing support of this platform. This person will work hand-in-hand with the Finance department in analyzing “as-is” state, defining the “to-be” state, data conversions, integrations and reporting. Thus, this person will be ultimately responsible for charting the course of a successful implementation. Products that will be implemented are General Ledger, Payables, Receivables, Cash, Assets, Procurement, Expense Management, and Planning & Budgeting cloud services.
While this role will eventually be in the IT organization, the person will report into Finance until the new ERP system is implemented
What you will do:
- Work with PMO to define a detailed project plan and track milestones against it for on-time, on-budget delivery.
- Own the ‘green field’ implementation of Oracle Fusion Financial ERP implementation and provide hands-on product expertise to the finance functional users and IT technical staff to gather detailed functional and technical requirements.
- Be involved in implementation partner/system integrator evaluation and selection process.
- Educate and assist finance team to implement key business flows based on best practices embedded in the product. Provide additional POVs (Points of Views) based on prior experience.
- Direct analysis and shaping of business requirements to determine most optimal product implementation by driving functional and technical design discussions with Finance and IT teams.
- Facilitate workshops on Key Design Decisions and Enterprise Structures to ensure a solid foundation for current and future business needs.
- Conduct fit-gap analysis of standard products against business requirements for subsequent solution design effort. Eliminate those gaps either by changing existing business processes or building new extensions to base product without deviating too far from Oracle Fusion ERP product roadmap.
- Work closely with implementation partner/system integrator to ensure various functional setups, technical work artifacts and project documents are produced as per the requirements.
- Responsible for preparing data for data migration from legacy Microsoft Great plains system to Oracle Fusion Financials. Including but not limited to extracting data, cleansing data, transforming data, and using load tools. Post data conversion, work with Finance team members to reconcile data for completeness, integrity, and quality before going into production.
- Drive CRPs (Conference Room Pilot) to ensure proposed solution meets business and technical requirements. Assist Finance department with end user functional, system integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Work with other internal users and implementation partner/system integrator to refine reporting requirements, drive data conversion, integration with other 3rd party systems.
- Track SRs to resolution by working with Oracle support.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Director of Information Technology in building a robust, resilient integration between Oracle Fusion and other enterprise systems.
- Routinely review Oracle Fusion product release notes, roadmap documents to drive consumption of innovation in future releases of the product and implement for client if applicable.
- Drive a cadence of regression testing for each quarterly product release cycle.
- Maintain currency of all implementation and post-implementation documentation.
- Be able to perform hands-on work including but not limited to doing functional setups, create sandboxes, writing solution design documents, BIP reports etc.
- Help administer the Oracle Cloud environment along with the IT Operational Team. Expertise with MyServices.
- Responsible for working within a development and test environments to manage scheduled changes, patching, and enhancements.
- Be an active participant on Oracle Cloud Customer Connect to leverage community contributions and contribute back.
The kind of person we are looking for:
- Is a seasoned expert with 5+ years’ experience in implementing Oracle Fusion ERP Cloud Financials modules. Candidates that have undergone multiple implementations will be preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have demonstrable deep experience in finance business processes with practical experience in working within Finance organization.
- While prior Oracle Fusion ERP Finance expertise is necessary, experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite will also be beneficial. Candidate will have a balance of functional and technical skills will be highly desired.
- Experience with Oracle Integration Cloud and OTBI will be highly desired. Experience with SQL will be beneficial.
- Has experience as a Cloud Administrator with a working knowledge of Fusion Security Console ,Cloud security, MFA, and SSO.
- Has expertise in creating reports using some combination of OTBI, BI Publisher, FRS, SmartView and other standard Oracle reporting tools.
- Has practical experience with Oracle processes and tables and APIs for Oracle Fusion Financial modules.
- Possesses strong Analytics and SQL skills with an understanding of data models, data migration, data clean-up for databases of various types.
- Expertise with Microsoft products including Office Suite, Access, Visio, Projects, and SharePoint.
- Someone with prior experience in working at system integrator/implementation partner firms will have added advantage.
- Candidate with Service industry experience is highly desired but Aviation and/or Hotel/Resort timeshare industry experience will be considered differentiator.
- Experience with rapid implementation methodologies.
- Excited about and thrives in a fast-paced environment that delivers rapid business value.
- Innate problem solver with desire to grow in a collaborative culture.
- Takes initiative, pushes boundaries, is motivated to innovate.
- Talented individual with a growth mindset who want to use their learning and relationship-building skills.
- Epitomizes Integrity, Accountability, Collaboration, Service and Quality mind-set.
- Acts as an “IT-Business Partner”.
- Candidates with a CPA or Finance degree and/or MBA in Finance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as hand-on business analyst/implementor of Oracle Fusion Financials suite. Prior experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite will also be beneficial.
- 5+ years of experience in working with Oracle Support, Oracle Product development teams, system integrator firms including dispersed, remote teams including nearshore, offshore, and other 3rd party partners.
- Experience with Cloud implementation methods such as TCM+.
- Solid Experience with data conversions, integrations with Oracle Fusion using FBDI, Open Interfaces, REST APIs
- Experience with building custom extensions to Oracle Fusion ERP utilizing Personalizations, Fusion Sandboxs, Oracle PaaS/IaaS services.
- Expertise in one or more of the key financial business flows for example Procure to Pay, Expense to Receipt etc.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Office, modern communication tools for virtual teams (i.e., MS Teams.)
- Experience with integrations between Oracle Fusion and 3rd party systems like ADP, Vertex, Salesforce etc.
- Portsmouth, NH with work in a highly collaborative, mostly in-office environment