Shopify Front End Architect
Chicago, Illinois | Contract
Shopify FE Architect
Length: 2 months
We are looking for a Solution Architect to design solutions tailored for business needs on Shopify Plus. This position presents the opportunity to work on client-facing, team-based projects, on a modern development stack, with a focus on Shopify and Commerce in general. You will participate in all aspects of the commerce project lifecycle, while solving challenging technical problems for our clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Estimate, plan, and implement Shopify Plus-based solutions for Bounteous' clients that solve business issues using the latest platform and ecosystem tools.
- Partner with Growth teams and participate in pre-sales, project discovery and delivery activities.
- Work with integrated agile teams, collaborating with designers, project managers, and product owners to plan and estimate projects.
- Perform Gap Analyses between client requirements, and Shopify Plus platform capabilities.
- Leverage 3rd party apps and/or custom solutions to extend Shopify’s capabilities to meet our client’s business and operational needs.
- Set up and administer Shopify and Shopify Apps on behalf of our clients.
- Work with a development team to deliver well-designed, performant, and responsive custom Shopify themes that work across all modern devices.
- Conduct code reviews and coach senior developers.
- Update and improve Bounteous' proprietary internal Shopify tooling and projects.
- Support continuous improvement by staying up-to-date on web technology stacks.
- The ideal candidate will have a 2- or 4-year degree in CS/Engineering, be a bootcamp grad, or be self-taught with practical experience.
- Experience solving business requirements for clients on the Shopify Plus ecosystem, leveraging core platform features, native APIs, and third party apps.
- Experience working in an agency environment and being client-facing.
- Strong communication skills with team members and clients alike.
- Experience with data migration and product data mapping to Shopify. Experience with Salsify or other Shopify-compatible PIMs is a plus.
- Experience in setting up build pipelines such as Webpack from scratch, with knowledge or interest in modern tooling, such as PostCSS, Rollup, Parcel, Vite, and esbuild.
- Experience with front end performance measurement with Google Lighthouse and Core Web Vitals, and optimizing Shopify themes to improve specific measurements.
- Experience developing custom Shopify themes from scratch, with an excellent grasp of Liquid.
- Experience with implementing continuous delivery/integration workflows.
- Experience with implementing automated end-to-end testing tooling, such as Cypress.
- Experience with monorepo development methodologies and tooling.
- Experience with Node.js for the purpose of scripting and orchestrating front end development tasks.
- Experience with setting up Git repositories on behalf of a team, and determining branching & merging models.
- Experience documenting solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience developing to inclusive design best practices, up to and beyond meeting WCAG standards.
- An eye for and appreciation of design, aesthetics, and typography.
- Knowledge of Tailwind CSS and Alpine.js.
- Experience with other commerce platforms, such as Spryker or Magento, is a plus