Sr. Audit Associate
New York, New York | Direct Hire
- As part of the Internal Audit Department, the Senior Associate is predominantly focused on the execution of audit planning, fieldwork and reporting and is given the opportunity to lead select meetings.
- The primary measure of success is identifying meaningful potential issues about the design and effectiveness of controls and creating reliable documentation to support their work.
- The Senior Associate must manage a number of auditee relationships, be a good team player, and take accountability for their personal growth and professional development.
- Strategic Control Impact Identifies meaningful issues in which controls are not properly designed or are not operating effectively. Assesses the risk and control environment for processes within coverage areas. Validates the completion of agreed action plans under the guidance of a supervisor. Understands the financial services industry and risk and control environment for coverage areas and identifies new risks. Works closely with auditees to verify timely progress and completion of agreed action plans.
- Audit Execution Assists a Senior Auditor or Audit Manager with the execution of audit planning, fieldwork, and reporting. Completes risk-focused fieldwork on time and within the allocated budget, notifying the auditor in charge promptly of issues that arise or when budgets or timelines are at risk. Writes and speaks clearly and concisely and can demonstrate detailed knowledge of that area being audited. Understands and performs root cause analysis for issues; possesses and demonstrates a strong understanding of audit techniques.
- Quality Process Demonstrates a strong knowledge of our policies & procedures, particularly work paper documentation standards. Independently prepares work papers that fully comply with IAD policies and procedures. Participates in continuous improvement initiatives. Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately.
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience.
- Previous internal or external audit experience is helpful, but not required.
- Previous job experience for Auditors can and should vary greatly to meet the department’s goal of having a team with diverse perspectives and work experiences.
- Beneficial, but not required, are certifications related to the incumbent’s coverage responsibilities, such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Financial Analyst, or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.