Federal Contracts & Deals Specialist
Richmond, Virginia | Contract
Contracts & Deals Specialist – Federal Government and DOD
Location: HYBRID – 2 days onsite : Alexandria, VA/ D.C. Metro Area – 50 mile ; 2. Austin, TX – 30 mile ; radius ; 3. Seattle, WA – 30 miles radius
Length: 6-9 months
- Responsible for providing GPS contracts and deal execution support.
- Provide back-up support to Subcontracts and Procurement Specialists.
- Support timely execution of contract actions such that contract and deliverables are not negatively impacted.
- Assist with coordinating with Contracts Managers to communicate contract risks/issues in a timely manner.
- Support the identification of internal and or external business challenges, vendor and/or regulatory issues; recommends process improvements.
- Provide subject matter advisor support for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve contract issues and improve contractual compliance.
- Assist GPS with managing contracts with US Federal end customers to include task orders, order management, billing, and company compliance processes.
- Support the administration of contracts from proposal to negotiation to close-out including contract administration, and tracking.
- Support proposals with an emphasis on risk identification/mitigation and reviews of contractual documents against requirements provided by GPS which are intended to ensure the protection of Google’s contractual posture, satisfaction of government specifications and requirements, and adherence to company policy.
- Collaborate with internal employees as well as Business Development / Client relationship managers to confirm contract accuracy.
- Assist with cross-org initiatives (e.g. pilot programs to improve execution, etc.).
- 4+ years of experience leading agreement consultation, contracts and management.
- Experience in Public Sector contracts policies and procedures
- Problem solving skills and ability to provide solutions and work with customers in providing resolution.
- Must be a self-starter, work independently, and work with a clear and defined mission.
- Expertise, training, and actual work experience with specific systems and technologies.
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFARS and experience with all contract types during all contracts lifecycle phases.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Working knowledge of DoD contracting
- Ability to read and understand contractual terms.
- Certification in Contract Management (CPCM/CFCM), Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C), and/or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification